North-East MSP Mike Rumbles is encouraging people in the North East to attend their local Big Energy Saving Week event and learn how to save money on their energy bills.
The awareness razing event, run by Citizens Advice Scotland and the Energy Saving Trust, is aimed at helping people cut their fuel bills and get the financial support they are entitled to. CAB offices will open their doors for the occasion which is due to take place from 31st October to 6th November.
Mr Rumbles said: “The Big Energy Saving Week is a fantastic innovation that I fully support.
“Rising energy bills can be a significant challenge for people and families across the region – especially over the winter months. This initiative is designed to support everyone who could save, sometimes hundreds of pounds, not just those struggling to make ends meet.
“I’d like to thank the organisations involved with this campaign. I encourage people to go along to one of the events and make sure they are getting the best deal on their energy bills.”
Notes for Editors:
- You can help raise awareness of Big Energy Saving Week and create a more confident community of consumers able to find the cheapest energy tariff for their homes by:
- Tweeting your support for Big Energy Saving Week. #BESW2016
- Highlighting Big Energy Saving Week. You can download leaflets and posters here: BESW 2016 resources
- Promote the online price comparison tool to help Scottish consumers see if they can save this winter: BESW price comparison tool
- You can find out more about the events across Scotland using the event map: Big Energy Events 2016