North East MSP Mike Rumbles has congratulated Victoria and Albert Halls in Ballater and Deveron Arts in Huntly who are celebrating grants totalling almost £10,000 from the Big Lottery’s Celebrate Fund.
Victoria and Albert Halls provides the local community with modern facilities for concerts, meetings and private functions. The group will use the £4998 worth of funding to celebrate the New Year with an event for the local community.
Deveron Arts Ltd, who received £4739, are well-known for their open-air creative performances, exhibitions and other events in the town of Huntly. They plan to organise two days of celebration of the town’s various opportunities, positive highlights and recent achievements.
Mr Rumbles said: “I'm delighted for the Victoria and Albert Halls and Deveron Arts, both have been doing a great job for their communities and fully deserve this funding boost.
“I am sure the planned events will be a highlight of the season and something to look forward to over the winter months.
“I also want to congratulate the Big Lottery Fund for their good work. Their grants help fund many community organisations and well deserving causes across the North East.”
Notes for editors:
- The total amount available across the UK for the Celebrate programme is £5 million. To find out more please visit: www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/celebrate.
- *YouGov poll on behalf of the Big Lottery Fund with 2109 respondents, June 2016.
- The Big Lottery Fund is the largest funder of community activity in the UK. We put people in the lead to improve their lives and communities, often through small, local projects.
- We are responsible for giving out 40% of the money raised by National Lottery players for good causes. Every year we invest over £650 million and award around 12,000 grants across the UK for health, education, environment and charitable purposes.
- Since June 2004 we have awarded over £9 billion to projects that change the lives of millions of people. Since the National Lottery began in 1994, £34 billion has been raised and more than 450,000 grants awarded.